- Best Practices
- Fiduciary September
- Frankel Prize
- Campaign for Investors
The Man in the Arena highlights the extraordinary legacy of John C. Bogle and hints at his place in history
“The legacy of Jack Bogle is multifaceted, but at its core are great business innovations and commercial success that disrupted an industry, and tens of millions of ordinary investors benefited by achieving greater savings and financial security. The “Vanguard Experiment” has been a resounding success for investors, the capital markets and capitalism itself.”
About the Book
The Man in the Arena offers the essence of John C. Bogle’s thinking and the meaning of his life’s work, which transformed individual investing to benefit tens of millions of investors. Through Bogle’s own words—as well as the voices of others whose hearts and minds he touched—the book touches on topics he cares about most deeply: Vanguard, indexing, corporate governance, and a fiduciary society. From Vanguard shareholders to true giants in finance, one cannot read their words without being struck by their sheer intensity. Bogle’s parade of admirers is passionate. It is led by, arguably, the two most acclaimed leaders of our day—in the world of investing and the public life of the world—Warren Buffett and President Bill Clinton.
The book is a first take at putting Bogle’s life work into a broader context. It includes some of Bogle’s classic essays and leads to an agenda of reform Bogle feels is essential to preserve our democratic republic. It features insight on the man from such commentators as Arthur Levitt, Burton Malkiel, Paul Volcker, and many more.
- March 26, 2014 – John C. Bogle Legacy and Knut Rostad speak at the Museum of American Finance. Read more here
- December 5, 2013 – John C. Bogle Legacy Book Launches with December 5 Panel Discussion (Press Release)
Watch Knut Rostad discussing the effects that John Bogle had on the world of investment on CBC’s Lang & O’Leary Exchange here (beginning at the 34:36 mark).
- EFT.com – Jan. 31: Knut Rostad’s New Book Celebrates Bogle
- Harvard Bussiness Review – Dec. 16: You Can Get Some Big Things Done When It’s Not All About You
- Financial Advisor – Dec. 6: Bogle Lauded For Two ‘Idiotically Simple’ Ideas.
- ThinkAdvisor – Dec. 6: Bogle Hailed as Warrior for the Common Investor