Welcome to Fiduciary September. The Institute celebrates Fiduciary September to highlight the indispensable role fiduciary principles serve in preserving trust and confidence in our capital markets. It includes:
- Urging Congress and the SEC to apply the fiduciary standard and the six core fiduciary duties to all professionals rendering investment advice.
- Urging industry participants to embrace fiduciary duties when investment advice is rendered.
- Educating investors about the sharp differences between fiduciary advisors and sales brokers.
- September 10, 2014 – Best Practices’ Move Forward With Council of Advisors, NAPFA Strategic Alliance, Brian Hamburger as General Counsel to the Best Practices Board.
- September 10, 2014 – Key Principles for Fiduciary Best Practices and an Emerging Profession. h
- September 3, 2014 – Fiduciary September Stresses Vital Role of Centuries-Old Law in Investment Advice.
- August 25, 2014 – The Institute for the Fiduciary Standard announces the events for Fiduciary September 2014.
- July 31, 2014 – TD Ameritrade Institutional to be “Exclusive Sponsor” of Institute’s Fiduciary September Program.
Sept. 8: “Restoring Investor Trust in Wall Street, with Broker-Dealers and Investment Advisers”
- John Taft, RBC Wealth Management
- Michael Falk, Focus Consulting Group
- Jack Waymire, Paladin Registry
- David Armstrong, WealthMangement.com, (Moderator)
Sept. 9: “Best Interest Investing” Podcast Launch
- An interview with Vanguard Founder John C. Bogle, by Don McDonald
Sept. 11: “Best Practices: What Are They, Why We Need Them”
- Knut A. Rostad, Institute for the Fiduciary Standard
- Chris Cannon, First Financial, Best Practices Board
- James W. Watkins, Investsense.com
- Blaine Aikin, fi360