- Best Practices
- Fiduciary September
- Frankel Prize
- Campaign for Investors
Jim Patrick is a Managing Director of Envestnet. He is responsible for strategic development of Envestnet’s advisor directed solutions. Prior to joining Envestnet, Patrick spent a short time as a Consultant to financial services firms, after 12 years in various roles with Allianz Global Investors, including sales and sales leadership, product development, and national accounts across a variety of channels.
His final role was Managing Director, Co-head of US Retail Distribution for Allianz Global Investors. Patrick holds NASD series 7, 66, 24, 26 and obtained the CIMA designation in 1998. He has served on the board and executive committee of the Money Management Institute (MMI). Patrick holds a BS in Business Administration from UNH, having graduated in 1991.
Why an InstituteThe rationale for an Institute for the Fiduciary Standard is straightforward: The fiduciary standard is important, representing ideas central to our form of government and free market economy; it is under significant pressures from market forces that could sharply limit its reach; no other entity is solely focused on preserving and promoting the fiduciary standard. More...
The 6 Core Fiduciary Duties
- ‣ Serve the client’s best interest
- ‣ Act in utmost good faith
- ‣ Act prudently -- with the care, skill and judgment of a professional
- ‣ Avoid conflicts of interest
- ‣ Disclose all material facts
- ‣ Control investment expenses
Best Practices Board
- Christopher Cannon, CFA
- William C. Prewitt, M.S., CFP
- Stephen D. Johnson, CFP©
- Knut A. Rostad, MBA
- General Counsel to the Best Practices Board: Daniel Bernstein
- Clark M. Blackman II, CFA, CFP, CPA/PFS